Fit: Medium fit
Light organic cotton sweatshirt with a set-in round neck and super soft loose knit fleece.
“Hózhó″ is a Navajo word that means “walking in beauty” – or living in a manner that strives to create and maintain balance, harmony, beauty and order.
To be “in Hózhó” is to be at one with the world around you!
The Navajo native American tribe had a rich language of symbols to depict important elements of life within the tribe. We’ve used a few of our favourites meaning peace, mountains, the eye of a shaman and home.
- Idioma have partnered with a sourcing agent who help emerging designers source sustainably and ethically. The
Sweatshirt was cut and sewn by one of four factories the agent works closely with in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The agent has its own team on the ground in Dhaka who visits the factories daily to monitor working conditions and ensure that nothing is subcontracted out to un-regulated factories.
In addition to these policies each of the factories is independently audited by the Fair Wear Foundation and GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard).
A bright future for the Bangladeshi garment industry - Flags flying outside one of the sourcing agencies Bangla partners.
- Use of organic cotton means that pickers aren't exposed to harmful chemicals.
- Organic cotton. The GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certificate means that all stages of production from growing to knitting and sewing of the t-shirt meet organic standards and don’t use any harmful chemicals.
- Idioma’s sourcing partner encourage factories to employ strict waste control and use energy efficient machines
- Printed using water-based inks. (Most commercial screen printers use plastisol inks which contain PVC and phthalates that are harmful to the environment).
Areas for development
- As the sourcing agent do not own the factories and the factories also produce for other clients they do not have the power to determine worker pay. However the sourcing agency practices ‘open book’ accounting with suppliers to ensure that it pays enough for all workers to receive a living wage and educates factory management about the benefits of doing so (higher staff retention, less absenteeism, fewer quality issues, higher worker satisfaction, enhanced productivity).
|Half Chest 2,5cm below armhole (cm)||50.5||53||56||59|
|Body length (cm)||66||68||70||72|
|Sleeve length (cm)||64.5||66||67.5||69|
This classic raglan sweatshirt is made from recycled plastic bottles blended with recycled organic cotton.
Soft fleecy inner and rib-knit crew neck, cuffs and hem.
-This sweater was cut and sewn in manufacturing facilities audited by the Fair Wear Foundation. Our supplier’s vision centres around adding value socially and environmentally.
- The label was sewn by a local East End seamstress who is a friend of Brothers We Stand.
This sweater is made from 100% recycled materials. Waste cuttings from organic cotton textile production are shredded and turned back into soft cotton fibres. These are spun with fibres made from recycled plastic bottles to make a cotton and polyester blend.
This yarn is used to produce knitted and woven fabrics which are cut and sewed with care to make a high quality sweater.
Areas for development
Our label supplier is Soil Association accredited but they cannot currently vouch for the provenance of the thread used to make the labels.
60% Recycled Organic Cotton
40% Recycled Polyester - created with chips from plastic bottles
Brushed 2-ply 280 g / 8.3 oz.
Fit: Regular fit
Casual sweatshirt with KCA's Autumn 16 collection campaign text print. Featuring ribbed neckline and hem and made in 100% Organic Cotton knit.
Danish menswear brand KCA use cutting edge technologies to create organic garments that never compromise comfort nor quality!
- The sweatshirt is GOTS certified meaning all stages of production have been checked by accredited inspectors and meet high socially responsible manufacturing standards.
- KCA have long term relationships with their suppliers. The brand have worked with their Indian manufacturing partners for 4-5 years and visit the factories personally!
- Use of organic cotton means that pickers aren’t exposed to harmful chemicals.
- The GOTS label means all stages of production have been checked by accredited inspectors and meet high environmentally responsible manufacturing standards. For example Knowledge Cotton Apparel uses only non-harmful dyestuffs and modern dye houses focused on minimizing water usage and responsible waste water treatment.
- This sweatshirt is built to last! Making a product that will stand the test of time is a hugely important aspect of producing sustainably.
|Sleeve length (cm)||80-82.5||82.5-85||85-87.5||85.5-90||90-92.5|
Fit: Regular fit
We’ve selected the Silverstick Arugan sweatshirt for its superior quality. Made from the finest long staple yarns this crew neck combines exceptional softness and durability.
Recommended Washed at 30° and Hung Dry
- The Arugan Sweatshirt is made in a small factory just outside Guimaraes in the district of Braga in Northern Portugal. The factory was established in 2008 and employs 16 people. Portugal is a member of the EU and labour laws are strong. In general the Portugese textile industry is well respected as providing safe working conditions and decent hours.
- Silverstick have visited the factory to check quality and working conditions for themselves and keep in close contact with the factory.
- The Arugan Sweatshirt is made from GOTS certified organic cotton (Global Organic Textile Standard) which is farmed, graded and bailed in Utter Pradesh, Northern India.
- The Arugan Sweatshirt is made by a factory who specializes in high quality jersey wear. It is made with long staple yarns and is a highly durable item which can be enjoyed for many years.
- All Silverstick garments are made from non azo dyes. Azos are a class of compounds used in textile dyes, some of which have been found to be harmful. Existing European legislation bans the use of these unhealthy azo dyes and all Silverstick clothing is certified azo and chlorine free, in accordance with Õko-Tex Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1.
- The Arugan Sweatshirt is hand printed by an artisan screen printer in East London. Water based inks are used which are certified non-toxic, lead-free and do not contain any heavy metals.
Areas for development
While the inspection of Global Organic Textile Standard-certified farms for environmental purposes gives the pickers some measure of security and ensures that they aren’t exposed to harmful chemicals, this certification does not directly guarantee the working conditions of cotton pickers.