Fit: Regular fit
This tonal organic cotton t-shirt features a painted Brothers We Stand logo.
stand with us!
- Cut and sewn in an exemplary factory in Tamul Nadu, India where the management have a commitment to ethical production at the core of their vision.
Workers are fairly paid and provided with everything they need such as a medical room, free lunches and recreation space. Overtime work is only ever done on a voluntary basis and workers are not allowed to do more than 12 hours per week. (This is in stark contrast to many apparel factories where workers are regularly forced to work excessive hours to meet tight deadlines imposed by big brands).
- The factory is independently audited by the Fair Wear Foundation.
- Use of organic cotton means that pickers are not exposed to harmful chemicals.
- Our labels are woven by GB Labels who have their own factory in South West Wales. The labels are stitched by Heba, a women’s project in East London that provides training, employment and friendship for migrant women.
- Organic cotton (Global Organic Textile Standard-certified) planted and harvested by hand in a region where cotton farming is predominantly rain-fed. (Cotton’s biggest environmental impact worldwide is water use. Rain-fed cotton reduces the impact on waterways).
- Factory where the t-shirt is cut and sewn is powered entirely by renewable energy (most of which comes from 30 massive wind turbines).
- Transported without the use of air freight.
Areas for development
Cotton is a very water intensive crop. It takes 10,000 liters of water to produce 1 kilo of cotton, meaning it takes about 2,700 liters to make 1 cotton t-shirt.
|Half Chest 2,5cm below armhole (cm)||49.5||52||54.5||57|
|Body length (cm)||70||72||74||76|