This silk sweatshirt is presented by Leeds-based upcycling maestros Antiform, constructed with a pure silk body and sporty ribbed trims. Every jumper is unique, made in Antiform’s studio with 100% reclaimed materials sourced from local factories, so the one you receive will be slightly different from the picture.
This sweater was hand made in Antiform’s Yorkshire studio by the designer herself and a team of close friends.
The use of reclaimed materials reduces the need for virgin resources to be consumed and saves useful items from ending up in landfill.
Care Hand Wash Cool
Made in England 100% Reclaimed fabric
Size & fit: 17.5" outseam | Slim fit - If you are in between sizes we recommend buying the size up as this style fits slim.
Designed to be worn all day, from the sea, to sand, to street. A 'tailored swim short' made from quick drying recycled polyester.
All shorts are made in small runs from environmentally friendly materials. In a previous life these shorts were plastic bottles.
- These shorts are made from recycled plastic bottles. The use of recycled materials reduces the need for virgin resources to be consumed and saves useful items from ending up in landfill.
- Printed in the UK using water based inks.
Areas for development
The shorts are made in Portugal. Whilst this means the factory comes under EU legislation the factory does not have any stand-out social aspects. It is a ‘regular factory’.
Unisex white t-shirt made of a soft to the touch bamboo and organic cotton blend.
Established in 2013, WDN (We Do Nothing), design and create unisex clothing made to be durable, comfortable and darn fine looking.
-Cut and sewn in a Turkish factory with a genuine commitment to workforce welfare. E.g. overtime work can only be done on a voluntary basis for a maximum of 12 hours per week.
- Factory independently accredited by the Fair Wear Foundation.
- Bamboo is a more sustainable fibre than cotton: it yields ten times more per hectare (important given that global food prices are largely dependent on how much land is available for food production) and grows fast without irrigation, pesticides or fertilisers.
- WDN Collective’s bamboo fabric is sourced from a factory accredited to high environmental standards. (Especially important given the chemicals involved in processing bamboo).
- The cotton in this blend is Global Organic Textile Standard certified.
Areas for Development
- While the inspection of Global Organic Textile Standard-certified farms for environmental purposes gives the pickers some measure of security and ensures that they aren’t exposed to harmful chemicals, this certification does not directly guarantee the working conditions of pickers.
- WDN Collective do not currently know much about the provenance of their labels.
Fit: Regular fit
This is a premium quality hoodie and made from heavyweight organic cotton. The brushed back finish makes for a soft to the touch feel and the hoodie features a double layer hood, woven front patch label and reinforced kangaroo pouch pocket.
Recommended Washed at 30° and Hung Dry
- The Silverstick Ellerton hoodie is made in a small factory just outside Guimaraes in the district of Braga in Northern Portugal. The factory was established in 2008 and employs 16 people. Portugal is a member of the EU and labour laws are strong. In general the Portugese textile industry is well respected as providing safe working conditions and decent hours.
- Silverstick have visited the factory to check quality and working conditions for themselves and keep in close contact with the factory.
- The Silverstick Ellerton hoodie is made from GOTS certified organic cotton (Global Organic Textile Standard) which is farmed, graded and bailed in Utter Pradesh, Northern India.
- The hoodie is made by a factory who specializes in high quality jersey wear. It is a highly durable item which can be enjoyed for many years.
- All Silverstick garments are made from non azo dyes. Azos are a class of compounds used in textile dyes, some of which have been found to be harmful. Existing European legislation bans the use of these unhealthy azo dyes and all Silverstick clothing is certified azo and chlorine free, in accordance with Õko-Tex Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1.
Areas for development
While the inspection of Global Organic Textile Standard-certified farms for environmental purposes gives the pickers some measure of security and ensures that they aren’t exposed to harmful chemicals, this certification does not directly guarantee the working conditions of cotton pickers.