Fit: Regular fit
'Ever felt homesick for somewhere you've never been before? This design was inspired by that hunger for travelling which the Germans call 'fernweh'.
- Cut and sewn in an exemplary factory in Tamul Nadu, India where the management have a commitment to ethical production at the core of their vision.
Workers are fairly paid and provided with everything they need such as a medical room, free lunches and recreation space. Overtime work is only ever done on a voluntary basis and workers are not allowed to do more than 12 hours per week. (This is in stark contrast to many apparel factories where workers are regularly forced to work excessive hours to meet tight deadlines imposed by big brands).
- The factory is independently audited by the Fair Wear Foundation.
- Use of organic cotton means that pickers are not exposed to harmful chemicals.
- Organic cotton (Global Organic Textile Standard-certified) planted and harvested by hand in a region where cotton farming is predominantly rain-fed. (Cotton’s biggest environmental impact worldwide is water use. Rain-fed cotton reduces the impact on waterways).
- Factory where the sweatshirt is cut and sewn is powered entirely by renewable energy (most of which comes from 30 massive wind turbines).
- Transported without the use of air freight.
- Printed using water-based inks. (Most commercial screen printers use plastisol inks which contain PVC and phthalates that are harmful to the environment).
|Half Chest 2,5cm below armhole (cm)||48||50||53||56||59|
|Body length (cm)||68.5||69.5||71||72.5||74|
Mud Jeans have worked with the best denim craftspeople to produce a high performing, sustainable denim line. The regular dunn is a tapered regular fit, constructed from Better Cotton Initiative cotton with a mid wash and degree of stretch for a comfortable fit.
Featuring the Mud Jeans signature painted logo patch which avoids the need for a leather label.
- The jeans are cut and sewn by Yousstex, a Tunisian factory who specialise in jeans craftsmanship. The factory was recently audited by the Fair Wear Foundation who noted that the management was very attentive to working conditions.
- The 2015 FWF audit noted gave particular praise to Youssex’s spacious and well ventilated factory, noting that there were no overcrowding issues.
- The denim fabric is sourced from DNM, a well-respected Egyptian factory.
- The cotton is certified by the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), a project seeking to improve conditions in cotton supply chains.
- Yousstex, who cut and sew the jeans, have developed a reputation as a benchmark for sustainability and innovation in the denim industry. One example of the factories work is the use of ‘ozone technology’ which harnesses the natural bleaching properties of ozone gas and reduces the number of washes needed to finish jeans by over half. (Ozone is reconverted to ordinary oxygen before release into the environment.)
- The denim fabric is produced by DNM who recycle up to 85% of water used and produce zero wastewater.
- Mud Jeans have chosen their suppliers (fabrics and final product) due to their vicinity to the end consumer. They will shortly publish their carbon emissions data which is reported to be 62% less than the industry standard.
- Better Cotton Initiative encourages the careful monitoring of pesticides and water usage in cotton production.
- A unique printed pocket patch is used to avoid the need for a leather or faux leather patch.
- Mud Jeans work to circular economy principals and encourage customers to return jeans they no longer use to be transformed into new items.
Areas for development
The Better Cotton Initiative is largely based on self-assessment data from farmers. Whilst this means it is hard to take the certification as an infallible guide the work the BCI are doing with farmers is positive and has been shown to improve outcomes.
100% Better Cotton Inniative certified cotton
Fit: Regular fit
This men’s striped t-shirt is crafted from a lovely 100% organic cotton jersey that’s soft and super-comfy to wear.
Working with the same factories since day one has allowed Thought to produce garments to a consistently high quality standard.
- This t-shirt is made in China and Thought founder John Snare is proud that his suppliers are showing that it is possible to produce in China ethically. Thought are committed to building relationships with their suppliers and do not switch factories from season to season. For the last 8 years they have worked with just five suppliers and built a strong relationship with them.
- All suppliers are required to work to ensure that workers are safe, that they are paid a living wage and that they can work free from harassment. The factory making this t-shirt is visited 2-3 times a year by Thought’s own staff.
- The organic cotton is GOTS certified (Global Organic Textile Standard). This is a high level standard that verifies that all stages of production from growing to processing meet organic standards and don’t use any harmful chemicals.
- Thought sources raw materials for their t-shirts in the same geographic area as the shirts are made. This cuts down on C02 emissions from unnecessary transport.
Compare these product measurements to a similar garment you already own. (Take measurements from the outside, with the garment lying flat.)
|Chest Circumference (cm)||106||112||118||124||130|
|Waist Circumference (cm)||105||111||117||123||129|
|Body Length (cm)||76||78||80||82||84|
|Sleeve Length (cm)||64.8||66||67.2||68.4||69.6|
|Collar Circumference (cm)||40.5||42||43.5||45||46.5|
Fit: Regular fit
A short soft shell jacket with adjustable cuffs. This jacket is made in bound fabric, where the outside is made of 100% Recycled polyester GRS and inside is 100% Organic Cotton GOTS. It has taped seams on the inside and features an invisible zipper closure and side pockets with invisible zipper, as well as silicone logo badge on the right sleeve. A jacket that is waterproof, water and wind resistant without compromising fashion.
Danish menswear brand KCA use cutting edge technologies to create organic garments that never compromise comfort nor quality!
- This jacket is Global Recycle Standard (GRS) certified. This standard requires that suppliers are inspected for good and safe working conditions. The factory in China where the jacket is cut and sewn is also GRS certified.
- Using recycled polyester contributes to less plastic waste ending up in landfill, thereby prolonging landfill life and reducing toxic emissions from incinerators. It also causes less air, water and soil contamination compared to using non-recycled polyester.
|Sleeve Length (cm)||80-82.5||82.5-85||85-87.5||85.5-90||90-92.5|