Fit: Medium fit
Great fit on this organic cotton t-shirt in a lovely flecked dark green.
- Idioma have partnered with a sourcing agent who help emerging designers source sustainably and ethically. The t-shirt was cut and sewn by one of four factories the agent works closely with in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The agent has its own team on the ground in Dhaka who visits the factories daily to monitor working conditions and ensure that nothing is subcontracted out to un-regulated factories.
In addition to these policies each of the factories is independently audited by the Fair Wear Foundation and GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard).
A bright future for the Bangladeshi garment industry - Flags flying outside one of the sourcing agencies Bangla partners.
- Use of organic cotton means that pickers aren’t exposed to harmful chemicals.
- Organic cotton. The GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certificate means that all stages of production from growing to knitting and sewing of the t-shirt meet organic standards and don’t use any harmful chemicals.
- Idioma’s sourcing partner encourage factories to employ strict waste control and use energy efficient machines
Areas for development
- As the sourcing agent do not own the factories and the factories also produce for other clients they do not have the power to determine worker pay. However the sourcing agency practices ‘open book’ accounting with suppliers to ensure that it pays enough for all workers to receive a living wage and educates factory management about the benefits of doing so (higher staff retention, less absenteeism, fewer quality issues, higher worker satisfaction, enhanced productivity).
|Half Chest 2,5cm below armhole (cm)||48||51||54||57|
|Body length (cm)||69.5||71.5||73.5||75.5|
|Sleeve Length (cm)||19.5||20.5||21.5||22.5|