A.K.A. our greenwashing forcefield.
1. Clear positive social or environmental impact
This could be a t-shirt made in a wind-powered factory with a carbon footprint 90% lower than that of a conventional t-shirt, or underwear made by a small Fairtrade factory in southern India.
2. Transparent supply chain
Brands provide us with a full breakdown of their supply chain for the items they sell on Brothers We Stand. We share a summary of this with you on every product page through our pioneering product footprints.
3. Workers rights upheld
We only sell items from brands that have systems* in place that are designed to ensure the following minimum labour standards are met:
- No use of child labour
- No use of forced labour
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Legal labour contracts
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees
- No excessive hours of work
- Payment of legal minimum wage
* Brands are required to have clear systems for tier one suppliers and be taking steps, appropriate to the scale of the company, to ensure these standards are met by second and third tier suppliers.
4. Your needs satisfied
We consider aesthetics, functionality and longevity to select items that will meet your needs. This makes good use of our planet's resources and supports you to slow down your consumption.
5. Commitment to development
Brands that sell on Brothers We Stand are committed to develop their social and environmental impact. They communicate areas for development with us and we share them with you in our (you got it) pioneering product footprints.